The St Mary's Centre is committed to supporting and producing high quality research in the fields of religion and religious education, which is peer reviewed and internationally recognised.
Currently, the Centre is involved with seven research projects:
- Young People's Values Survey
- Faith and Humour Survey
- A-level Religious Studies Survey
- Young People's Attitudes to Religious Diversity Project
- Religion and Human Rights Survey
- Primary Schools Attitude Survey
- Prayer and Sacred Space Study
The St Mary's Centre is also working with the Mater Dei Institute in Dublin on the Religion in Ireland Survey:
Currently, the St Mary's Centre is conducting two on-line surveys relating to spiritual, religious and mystical experiences, which can be accessed on this website:
The Faculty at the St Mary's Centre publish extensively in the fields of religion and education, and form part of a productive and vibrant research community. For details of research interests and publications, visit our staff profiles.